Welcome to our Long Term Care insurance page. If you are retiring with $35,000 – $350,000 in assets, you are a candidate for Long Term Care insurance. Follow the 4 steps that are listed to obtain Long Term Care insurance.
STEP 1 – WATCH
The first step to finding the right Long Term Care plan for you is to have an accurate idea of what you face. Watch the educational video below.
STEP 2 - RESEARCH
If you want to do some more research before you buy Long Term Care, click the photo to purchase our book for Kindle.
If you prefer to use a planning kit prepared by the Texas Partnership for Long Term Care, click on the brochure cover below.
STEP 3 – CHOOSE YOUR TYPE
There are many variables that you must elect when you choose a Long Term Care insurance plan. Not all insurance plans are the same. Click the photo to learn more about the first choice you will need to make when deciding which Long Term Care insurance plan is best for you.
STEP 4 – ELECT
We work with three different insurance companies. You may review their plans by clicking on the name of the insurance company in which you are interested.
- Genworth - Privileged Choice Flex emphasizes the options that are available to couples. If premiums are current on both policies and one spouse dies, the premiums can be waived for the surviving spouse for 7 of 10 years.
- Mutual of Omaha – Mutual Care is provided by Mutual of Omaha. These plans offer 3 and 5 year pre-packaged Long Term Care benefits. If you are retiring with less than $100,000 in assets, this plan may be all you need.
- John Hancock Life Insurance Co. - Custom Care III is provided by John Hancock Life Insurance Co. This plan is more customizable. It is more expensive but offers more flexibility. I recommend it for retirees with more than $ 100,000 in assets.
- United of Omaha - Assured Solutions Gold is used when there will be a need for cash to pay a family member for providing Long Term Care.
STEP 5 – CONTACT
Once you have watched the educational video, researched the costs of Long Term Care in your area and elected which plan you want, you are ready to contact an insurance agent from a position of power. We have already completed the required paper-work to allow us to work with people in Tennessee and Texas.
Use the form below to contact The Insurance Barn. Once we get it, we will call you to answer any questions that you may still have and help you with the required paper-work.
Underwriting of your application can be frustrating. We will work with you to minimize any frustration that you may have with insurance.
- How Do I Pay My Family To Take Care Of Me In My Old Age? (theinsurancebarn.wordpress.com)
- What Are Your Options To Pay For Long Term Care? (theinsurancebarn.wordpress.com)