I began working with life and health insurance in November 1987. (What Motivates A Bible Major To Be An Insurance Agent.) Since then I have won several awards and held several positions in large insurance companies. In 2004 I completed the insurance agent’s circle. I left the ivory towers of the large insurance companies and returned to the career in which I started. I became an insurance agent again.
This time, however, it was a little different. I founded The Insurance Barn and became an independent insurance agent. I am no longer required to sell any specific product to every person. I am free to help match my clients insurance needs with the product that best meets those needs.
The 17 years I spent in the corporate world with insurance companies were not wasted. During that time I was able to obtain my formal, professional education as well as experience in marketing, training and management.
What I learned during that time serves me well as I consult with clients and train the next generation of insurance agents.
If you feel like you are being pressured to buy something other than what you want, please let me know. I will “back-off.” I want you to get the insurance that you want and not what some insurance company vice-president wants me to sell you.
The Insurance Barn’s mission is to educate our clients so that they do not make important insurance decisions based on rumors and half-truths.
If knowledge is power, my goal is to empower people so that they are able to make the best insurance choices possible.
I accomplish this mission in 4 ways.
2. Electronic communications
3. In-home appointments when necessary
4. Educational Seminars
MOST RECENT CERTIFICATIONS
- AARP/UHC Medicare Supplement
- AARP/UHC Medicare Advantage
- AARP/UHC Medicare D (PDP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Medicare D (PDP)
- Long Term Care Insurance TX – July, 2011
- Long Term Care Insurance TN – August. 2011
- Texas Life, Accident, Health & HMO license number, 769267
- Texas Life and Health Insurance Counselor license number, 1544983
- Indiana Life, Accident, Health & HMO license number 700301
- Michigan Life, Accident, Health & HMO license number 0373410
- Tennessee Life, Accident, Health license number 982013
If you have an insurance question, use the contact form below.